Our ideal candidates already know they’re data geeks.
If you loved your undergraduate statistics and research courses and earned grades of B+ or better, then this is definitely the program for you.
If you’ve never taken those types of courses, no worries. We don’t require any background in research, statistics, or Sociology for admission. We’re looking for candidates who love to ask questions and want to use data to find the answers. We’ll make sure you get the courses you need to bring you up to speed.
So what gets people in the door? Successful candidates usually have:
- The equivalent of at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA for their undergraduate or graduate coursework.
- Grades of B+ or better in foundational research and statistics courses or in courses that suggest aptitude for logic, progamming, or numbers.
- Strong recommendations from professors or industry professionals, familiar with their personal potential and work ethic.
- A clear essay showing a strong fit between the candidate’s personal or career goals and what the MA program offers.
- For international students who did not earn an undergraduate degree in residence at a university in an English-speaking country, a level of English fluency appropriate for graduate work, typically indicated by a minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL or 7 on the IELTS.